INTRODUCING FIPI REGIONAL HUBS
FIPI aims to provide our members with active local regional groups to support each other at a local level. We actively encourage members to both get involved and lead groups in their own areas, adding their industry credentials and client opportunities.
From September 2016 FIPI will be working with existing regional coordinators and Accredited Training Providers (ATP’s) to launch a new Regional Hub structure, to be in place by January 2017.
Here are the key points:
- Regional groups will be replaced by Regional Hubs.
- International Hubs will also be created.
- Each Hub will meet a minimum of 3 times a year – with a mixture of face to face, online meetings and group event opportunities.
- Once registered as a FIPI member you will be notified of your closest HUB. Details of each Hub meeting will be publicized well in advance on the FIPI website and through your Regional members.
- New members will receive details of all Hubs and an invitation to their local Hub meetings.
- Hubs will be led by their local ATPs (wherever possible). The ATP will either lead Hub meetings themselves or ask a FIPI member to do this with them (eg an existing regional coordinator)
- Hub meetings will be free of charge to members and any FIPI member can choose to attend any Regional Hub meetings they wish – giving a much more flexible approach.
- Hub meetings will also be open to non-members, including ATPs’ ex trainees since they are a great way for people to find out about FIPI and the image profession. We would expect non-members to join FIPI after attending a few Hub meetings and seeing the benefits!
- Not all current FIPI regions have an ATP at present, although the Board is working hard to see the number of ATPs grow. In the coming months we will be working with existing co-coordinators to review the existing regional geographical areas and it is likely that we may still run some regions with a volunteer FIPI member and not an ATP co-ordinating the Hub.
- We are also excited to start our first International Regional Hub using on-line meetings run by Jill Lowe, ATP based in Singapore.
So the message is: watch this space as we put the new structure in place, and please get involved. It won’t work without you!