We are incredibly excited to host this year’s conference and invite you to join us for our FIPI Voices Conference 2018 30th Anniversary Celebrations with a range of exciting events in London and conference speakers on the subject of “Celebrating Diversity”.
What to expect:
- Learn, understand and appreciate the diversity in the fashion world today
- Q&A sessions
- Work together to untangle some of the challenges that Image and Style professionals face
- Network and share your experiences with industry leaders, successful entrepreneurs from the UK & internationally, and see a select group of hand-picked exhibitors showcasing their businesses
The conference is designed for Image Consultants, Personal Fashion Stylists, Personal Shoppers, Wardrobe Consultants, Corporate Image Trainers, Professionals in Image & Style Coaching, Editorial Stylists, Make-Up Artists, Fashion Feng Shui Experts, Etiquette Experts and anyone interested in the Image and Style/Fashion Industry.
Caryn Franklin MBE – “I am a Disruptive Fashion Lover”
Caryn will highlight projects featuring support for body difference and individuality, with anecdotes and observations about success and struggles. Caryn Franklin will highlight the importance of continued ‘disruption,’ where perceptions of the fashion normative body and self esteem meet, and the part we can all play when we work in fashion.
Katy Ellis from The Able Label – Fashion for All
Katy will give an introduction to adaptive clothing – what it is, why it is so important and how The Able Label is able to help. The aim is to illustrate that despite your ability or disability, fashion should be accessible to all without any barriers, to show adaptive clothing key features which make dressing easier, and that it’s not just about being able to dress yourself, it’s about independence, dignity and self-confidence.
Paul and Kim from Born, Manchester – Trans Awareness
Born will be delivering an insight into the world of the transgender community. How to engage with the community, be respectful and aware of common terminology and the different spectrums of trans women. They will also be covering what to wear as a trans woman as their bodies can be a different shape than a CIS gendered woman.
Sophie Rutherford of SmartWorks – Supporting women back into employment
Smart Works charity is UK women’s charity that supports unemployed women back into work. This session will explain the Smart Works core service – its 2 hour dressing and interview coaching service. Sophie will also go into detail about the impact Smart Works have upon women in the UK, the diversity of their clients, as well as discussing volunteering opportunities and other ways to get involved and support their work.
Maritza Desjonqueres Añazco, The Association of Responsible Beauty & Self Confidence – Teens & Image
How to use the CERCA method to help boost self-confidence in adolescents.
We are also delighted to be holding a Celebration Dinner for our members the evening before the conference (Friday 21st September, 7.30pm) at the Megaro Hotel, King’s Cross. This is a three course meal with a glass of prosecco on arrival. The cost is £49 per person.
Conference tickets include lunch, refreshments, access to all speakers and a goody bag to take away – members and non-members welcome.
FIPI Members: Earlybird (book by Monday 2nd July) £90; after Monday 2nd July £105
Non-Members: Earlybird (book by Monday 2nd July) £135; after Monday 2nd July £150
(Tickets are transferable but not refundable.)
London Fashion Week Festival – Friday 21st September
FIPI will also be visiting London Fashion Week Festival on Friday 21st September. Please book your ticket via the link below, and be sure to choose:
1) The Silver Package for the 2.30-8pm slot on Friday 21 September
2) Select the 4pm Trend Catwalk Show option
3) The Silver Package is £48.20 with booking fee – but if you use the code FIPI20 you will receive a 20% discount on the ticket price (discount code valid until 19th September)
Local Overnight Accommodation
For delegates needing overnight accommodation in London, please note:-
• The California Hotel, which is next to where we will be holding our Anniversary Dinner on Friday 21st September (10 minute walk from the NCVO Building) have guaranteed FIPI members a rate of £180 for sole occupancy of small double room for bookings made by 30th June. Just mention the FIPI dinner at the Megaro (their sister hotel) when you book to take advantage of this offer.
• Other hotels in the area can be found by searching: “hotels near N1 9RL”.