The format, method, costs and content of training programmes vary with each company, whether or not they are recognised by FIPI, and the following list of questions may be useful to help determine which company most suits your requirements, in addition to considering the location and fees. It is also worth bearing in mind that your relationship with your training company is potentially a long-term one, so it is important to choose a company which shares your values and with which you feel you can create a good rapport.
- Will the course cover the core skills required for taking FIPI / City & Guilds Masters Award in Image Consultancy?
- Do the trainers hold the FIPI / City & Guilds Masters qualification in Image Consultancy in the core subjects that they are training?
- What is the duration and location of the training course?
- What subjects are covered?
- Does the course include training in marketing and business development?
- Are there additional costs to the training? (i.e. equipment, drapes, cosmetics etc.)
- What, if any, is the consultant’s contractual obligation to the company after training?
- Does the company provide lists of their consultants to the public on request?
- Does the company have a product line and, if so, what is the profit margin and/or potential income from this?
Please note: The Federation of Image Professionals International neither makes recommendations about training companies nor accepts responsibility for claims made by companies.